Facilitation 101 – The HCD Way!
Get hands on and learn everything you need to know about workshop facilitation the human centred design way!
About this Event
- New to design facilitation and looking to learn what it’s all about?
- Preparing for a workshop that needs to be exciting and engaging whilst still hitting clear objectives?
- Curious about Human Centred Design and how it fits with workshop facilitation?
If you answered yes to any of the above then you’re in the right place!
Welcome to Rowboat’s Workshop Facilitation 101 the HCD way! We’re here to make your workshop dreams come true with all the tips and tricks to run a fun, engaging and creative session from start to finish.
By the end of the day you’ll know how to:
- Get people PUMPED to attend your workshop
- Run a killer session full of fun, laughs, creativity and engagement from start to finish whilst still hitting your objectives
- Use Human Centred Design facilitation tools to get the best workshop outcomes
- Help even the most black and white thinker to relax in your session, open up to different ways of thinking and give new activities a go
- Keep the momentum going after your session so your attendees keep coming back for more
What we’ll cover:
- The basics: Using a real life example, we’ll show you how to facilitate a great workshop from start to finish in practice.
- The tools: We’ll give you EVERYTHING we use in our design workshops, all our tools, structures, tips and tricks. By the end of the day you’ll walk away with your very own ready-to-use kit of design facilitation tools
- The superchargers: We’ll also show you how to use design facilitation to get your sessions to take off! Spreading awesome word of mouth and engagement, whilst still reaching your objectives.
What you’ll get:
- An immersive day putting our workshop tools into action
- Hands on experience with real life examples of what works and what doesn’t (we’ll even share some of our learnings from hairy workshops if you like…).
- Dedicated time to apply what you’ve learnt to a workshop you’ve got coming up. We’ll help you plan your session so it lands right the first time.
- The opportunity to hang out with the Rowboat crew, and ask us all your questions
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks in between, delicious.
- A kit with all the tools and skills you learnt during the day
What makes this session different?
At Rowboat we’re human centred designers at heart and we love applying design facilitation tools across all different industries to get the best outcomes for our clients, whilst keeping it fun of course! A bit about us:
- We’re hands on. In just one day we’ll take you through a real life design challenge from start to finish so you can see a project in action.
- We’ve got a glass bottom. At Rowboat we’re open source, we love what we do so much that we want to give everything away so that you love it too. This means we’ll give you all of the best tools, tips and learnings we’ve developed with our clients.
- Our crew is awesome, you’ll be learning from the best of the best. We use these tools everyday in sessions with some of Australia’s biggest brands – stalk us here
What other people have to say about us
“These tools are addictive, once you start using them you won’t want to stop…”
“This was really fun. Normally in training sessions I zone out halfway but I’ve stayed the whole way through”
“The team is still talking about the session…”
- *Early bird special* The first two people that book in will also get a co-working voucher to spend a day in the Rowboat HQ to embed the learnings and see the crew in action!
- *Scholarship ticket* We’ll also be giving away one ticket to someone that wants to use their facilitation powers for social good! If that’s you then email us at email@example.com and let us know in 100 words or less what challenge you intend to solve.
CAN’T MAKE THIS DATE?
Signup to our mailing list to keep updated https://wearerowboat.com/#mailing-list